Thursday, November 20, 2008

Recipe: The Best Cranberry Sauce Ever


Yeah, I said it. The best. Ever. XD

This sauce goes great with pork, poultry, veal, ice cream, and pancakes.

Original recipe.

Ingredients

1 16 oz. bag fresh cranberries
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 15 oz. cans jellied cranberry sauce
1 1/2 cups cherry juice
1/4 cup marsala cooking wine
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Simmer over medium-low heat for about an hour, or until cranberries are tender.

One of my favorite ways to serve this sauce? Drizzled over pork tenderloin slices, garnished with orange wedges. Yum!

1 comment:

alicia1482 said...

I just stumbled across this site and this recipe. this sounds great. I guess I know what's for dinner. Wow,can't wait to try this with the pork tenderloin as suggested! Thanks!!